We recommend you eat any kind of tocino as ulam with white rice or as palaman in bread. Don’t engage in papak!
This is not exactly a recipe but the instructions on the back of a SPAM Tocino can. 🙂
- Cut “SPAM with Tocino Seasoning” into desired number of slices.
- Place in frying pan and add enough water to cover slices.
- Over medium heat, cook until water is reduced, forming a syrup.
- Once the slices start to caramelize, lightly dress with vegetable oil.
- Turn up heat to sear and caramelize both sides.
Hormel Foods has this to say about their SPAM Tocino product:
The Philippines love the SPAM® brand! And the SPAM® brand loves the Philippines! As a token of our love for this country, we have created a Limited Edition Filipino Flavor — SPAM® Tocino! It has just the right mixture of sweet and meaty to satisfy your craving for Filipino cuisine.
If the residents of Guam consume an annual average of 16 cans of SPAM per person, how about Filipinos?